Requirements for Certified Metrication Specialist (CMS) Lifetime Rating
USMA Certified Metrication Specialist (CMS) Board Directive
Requirements for the Certified Metrication Specialist Lifetime Rating
To qualify for the Lifetime rating as a U.S. Metric Association (USMA) Certified Metrication Specialist (CMS) or Certified Advanced Metrication Specialist (CAMS), the candidate must:
- Currently hold a USMA CMS or CAMS certificate and plaque.
- Have held that USMA CMS or CAMS rating for at least 3 years.
- Have been involved in some type of metrication activities for the past 3 years: involvement may consist of a variety of activities such as the following:
- Working with SI-metric units (in industry, as an educator, in government disciplines, in publications work, or similar occupations or activities)
- Making metric system presentations
- Taking or teaching SI-metric courses
- Attending metric meetings/conferences/workshops/seminars
- Being a member of a metric organization since the original award of the CMS or CAMS rating
- Holding an office in a metric organization
- Organizing metric meetings/conferences or working on their committees
- Preparing metric system exhibits
- Authoring metric articles, books, texts, etc.
- Writing letters, to promote metrication, to applicable officials (local, state, federal, etc.)
- Supporting political candidates who favor U.S. conversion to the metric system
- Writing letters to urge publications to emphasize SI or to correct SI usage errors
- Submit to the USMA CMS Board Chairman, a request to be considered for Lifetime award of the CMS or CAMS rating (depending upon which rating the applicant holds) with:
- A list of the metric activities in which the applicant participated
- The name and address of a person who can corroborate this involvement in the metric activities
- The Lifetime certification fee of $35 (for current USMA members) or $55 (for non-members), payable to U.S. Metric Association
If the CMS Board finds the applicant qualified for Lifetime certification, the applicant will receive a special disc to affix to his/her certification plaque, indicating that the CMS or CAMS rating has been upgraded to Lifetime certification. [The successful applicant's name will be placed on the USMA Lifetime Certified Metrication Specialist list, and any employer or other inquirer (referred to USMA by the successful applicant) will be given corroboration of the awarding of the Lifetime rating.]
If it is determined that the applicant is not yet qualified for Lifetime certification, the CMS Board will notify the applicant of that fact and the remittance will be returned to the applicant.
The metric-involvement data and remittance must be sent to USMA Headquarters
Back to USMA home.
Copyright © 2002-2012, U.S. Metric Association (USMA), Inc. All rights reserved.
Web hosting courtesy of Colorado State University.
Website maintained by USMA Webmaster