Sheep Transport References
- Buchenauer D. (1996) Proceedings of an International Conference,
Considering the Welfare of Sheep During Transport, St. Catherine's
College, Cambridge, UK
- Broom, D.M., Goode, J.A., Hall S.J.L., Lloyd, D.M., and Parrott, P.P.
Hormonal and Physiological effects of a 15 hour road journey in sheep.:
Comparison with the responses to loading, handling and penning in the
absence of transport. British Veterinary Journal, 152: 593-604
- Cockram, M.S., Kent, J.E., Goddard, P.J., Waren N.K., McGile, I.M.,
Jackson, R.E., Muwanga, G.M., and Pytherch, S. (1996) Animal Science
- Grandin, T. (1981) Livestock Trucking Guide. Livestock Conservation
Institute, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Grandin T. (1997) The assessment of stress during handling and
Journal of Animal Science, 75:249-257
- Knowles, T.G. (1998) A review of road transport of slaughter sheep.
Veterinary Record, 143:212-219
- Knowles, T.G., Warriss, P.D., Brown, S.N., and Edwards, J.E. (1998)
Effects of stocking density on lambs being transported by road.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1998) Guidance on the
of Livestock, MAFF Publications, London, UK
- Ministery of Agriculture and Fisheries (1994) Codes of Recommendations
Minimum Standards for the Welfare of Animals Transported within New
Zealand. Wellington, New Zealand
Click here to return to the Homepage for more information on animal behavior, welfare, and care.